Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day at the Park

Yesterday was the start of Bryan's weekend (he's on a 10 days on 4 days off schedule) so we decided to go out to the park. Bryan really wanted to try out his metal detector that he got for Christmas (that's right, he wanted a metal detector), I really wanted to practice with my camera, and Davanee always wants to go to the park! So it was a win for everyone!


Daddy and Davanee digging for treasure


We went in the middle of the afternoon, so the lighting in some of these isn't too great


I decided to let her be silly for a bit in hopes that she would cooperate later : )








"No more pictures, mom!"


I'm sad that this one is blurry. She's smiling so pretty.


Helping Daddy dig!




Alright. It's picture time!!

I think this one is my favorite!!!


I had her take turns making happy and sad faces for the pictures. This method worked sooo well for her!


Happy face!


And a silly face : )

I like this one a lot too!  I asked her to laugh in the next few and I think they turned out really fun.










And we're back to sad faces


Check out that lip. Haha!


And she's done. Overall, I think she did really well for me and I think I got some good shots!


So, what do you think? I'm really liking this camera!! I know there's still room for improvement, but I never would have been able to get these shots without this camera. Bryan didn't have as much success.  He didn't find any coins and some crazy guy started talking to him and wouldn't leave him alone! I guess that's the kind of people you attract when you go around with a metal detector!!


 

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Davanee!! The photographer is amazing! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just the cutest! And I think the photos are definitely a great start! You have an excellent eye for capturing that sweet girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holly! She definitely is a fun subject :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures Meredith! Davanee is such a gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Don't be afraid to mention anything I could improve on. It's hard for me to tell because this camera takes waaaay better pictures than my last one :)

      Delete